- Rachel Billington, HR Senior Diversity and Inclusion Lead, Metropolitan Police
- Further speakers to be announced
The recent rise in crime has prompted the Government to commit to recruit 20,000 police officers over the next 3 years through the “Be a force for all” campaign. The recruitment drive aims to “give the police the resources they need…cut crime, get criminals off the streets and keep people safe”. The National Police Chief’s Council’s Police Vision 2025 has also set out a vision to re-tailor police services to meet society’s complex and diverse needs – highlighting constabularies must recruit and retain a workforce with diverse skill sets and backgrounds to meet the diverse needs required to protect neighbourhoods.
Join us this March for an up-to-date brief on the latest policy, funding and leading good practice in police recruitment and retention to ensure you drive staff numbers within your force, retain current employees and ensure your force is fully equipped to meet the diverse needs to protect neighbourhoods.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Overview of the “Be a force for all” Campaign: Government Plans to Recruit 20,000 police officers over next 3 years
- Meeting the Requirement to Recruit 6,000 Officers within a Year
- The Best Ways to Access and Apply for Funding for your Constabulary
- Police Vision’s 2025: Tailoring Recruitment Strategies to meet the Future Development of the National Police Service
- Recognising the Challenges of Retention in Today’s Policing Environment
- Case Studies from Constabularies that have Successfully Driven-up Numbers in their Force
The morning session will focus on recent policy and guidance in recruiting and retaining police officers.
The afternoon session will examine best practice from leading constabularies.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those who have an interest in recruitment and retention in the police work force, including: professional standards officers/staff; staff association representatives; PCCs; chief inspectors; HR Officers; and diversity & inclusion/equality officers.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com