Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Karen Woodward, Deputy Director of Employer Relations, National Apprenticeship Service
- Greg Wade, Programme Manager, Universities UK
- Jamie Saddler, Principal Policy Officer, Economy, Culture and Tourism, London Councils
- Emily Nice, Head of Organisation Transformation, Southwark London Borough Council
- Sheila Luwero, Social Care L&D Partner, Southwark London Borough Council
- Claire Paul, Head of New Talent, BBC Academy
- Paul Marijetic, Health Education England, NHS England
- Dr Stefan Speckesser, Associate Research Director, National Institute of Economic and Social Research (event chair)
In April 2017 the Government officially put the apprenticeship levy into effect. It encourages employers to invest in new apprenticeship schemes. In a similar move public bodies are now required to ensure that 2.3% of their workforce are employed under an apprenticeship scheme at any time and to publish their progress in hitting targets annually.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear what the reforms mean for you and your workforce. You will receive an expert-led brief on how best to navigate the new regulations and explore new opportunities to develop new and existing staff members’ skills through apprenticeship schemes.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Targets and reporting duties for public bodies
- Timescales for implementation and penalties for non-compliance
- Overview of the apprenticeship levy
- How to access funding
- Identifying opportunities for new apprenticeship places
- Establishing a practical assessment system for employee development
The morning sessions will aim to provide an up-to date brief on apprenticeship targets and duties for public bodies and current guidelines for utilising levy funding.
The afternoon session will focus on best practice in the delivery of apprenticeship schemes, allowing delegates to take back what they have learnt to their own organisations.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in Public Sector apprenticeships including: employers; HR officers; apprenticeship coordinators in the public sector and apprenticeship training providers.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: