Confirmed to Speak:
- Stephen Rollett, Inspections and Accountability Specialist, Association of School & College Leaders
- Helen Jones, School Improvement Consultant & Former Education Services Director, Herts for Learning
- (Chair) Andrew Lagden, Education Consultant
- David Birch, Education Consultant, and Adviser National Education Trust
- Mary Myatt, Education Adviser and Author High Challenge, Low Threat, Hopeful Schools, Curriculum Commentary
- Catherine Davies, Executive Headteacher, The Hawkswood Group
- Chris Gabbett, Principal, Trinity Catholic School
As Ofsted continue to make adjustments to their Common Inspection Framework it is crucial that school leaders stay up-to-date with the latest changes, such as arrangements for short inspections, inspection of safeguarding and implications of the new Inspection Data Summary Report.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to hear all the details of these latest changes alongside a comprehensive overview of the CIF and how to best prepare for your inspection. Learn from schools that have excelled at the challenges you’re facing and question sector experts. This event has been attended by nearly 1000 colleagues from the sector over the past five years as part of their school’s inspection preparation.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Update on any changes to the framework, including the new arrangements for short inspections in Spring Term 2018
- Developments in how Ofsted inspects the curriculum in all phases
- Assessment arrangements and how they relate to inspections
- An update on the inspection of safeguarding, with a focus on practice and impact
- Preparing and embedding practices to be inspection-ready, including evidence of current outcomes, self-evaluation and self-improvement plans
- Providing evidence of the progress of pupils currently in school, including the disadvantaged and SEND: use of assessment and internal data
- The implications of the new IDSR and the updated inspection handbooks and evaluation schedules
- How to support staff through an inspection, including managing their stress
- How school leaders have prepared for inspections, ensuring key documents such as SEF & SIP and others are in place
The morning session will focus on understanding inspection under the current framework, including what schools can do to prepare and what the process is like in practice.
The afternoon session will build on this, focusing on individual experiences and examples of best practice, learning from schools that have been through the process and examining what more you can do to be ready.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to: school and academy heads, senior and middle leaders, relevant governors, LA school improvement officers and local, regional and national bodies involved or interested in understanding inspection of schools.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com