- Stephen Baker, Waste Services Manager, Keep Britain Tidy
- Stuart Foster, CEO, Recoup
- Barry Turner, Director of Plastics and Flexible Packaging, British Plastics Federation
- Dr Richard Stockdale, Director in Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Environment Agency
- Dr Helene Roberts, CEO, KP LINPAC
- Graham Neale, Sustainable Communities Consultant
In their new 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment, the Government have committed to eradicating all avoidable plastic waste in the UK by 2042. Some measures have already been taken: plastic bag usage has been reduced by nine billion as a result of the 5p levy and legislation has been delivered that bans plastic microbeads in cosmetics and cleaning products. However, with plastic waste growing increasingly problematic, more still needs to be done to tackle the growing scourge of plastics on our land and in our oceans.
Join this Westminster Briefing event to get a comprehensive overview of the Government’s plans to tackle plastic, and learn what it means for you in your area. Explore good practice from across the country and take practical ideas back to your setting.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Comprehensive overview of the Government’s measures to tackle plastic and next steps
- Overhauling local authority recycling schemes to tackle plastic litter
- Assessing potential future bans or taxes on problematic plastic materials
- Reducing plastic flows into water sources and the oceans
- Working collaboratively with small businesses, manufacturers, the third sector and others to improve results in your area
- Learning from success: what have colleagues across the country done to tackle plastic litter?
- Tackling a throwaway culture: creating change in your area
About the Event:
The morning session will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the Government’s plans to tackle plastic waste, and what this means for you.
The afternoon session will explore current good practice in tackling plastic litter from around the country. This session will discuss national examples of enforcement, education and infrastructure and will be highly interactive, providing you with practical guidance to take back and implement in your organisation.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Environmental Service Managers; Enforcement Officers; Area Coordinators; Recycling and Waste Officers; Community Engagement Officers; Environmental Education Officers; Environmental & Sustainabillity Officers; Community Safety Managers; Waste Contract Managers; Street Care Managers; Environmental Resource Managers; Service Managers; Environmental Health Managers; Plastic Manufacturers; Waste and Recycling Charities and anybody with an interest in keeping their area free of plastic waste.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.