Confirmed to Speak:
- Paulette Romain, Senior Policy lead on Parks, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Dave Morris, Chair, National Federation of Parks and Green Spaces
- Julie Procter, Chief Executive, Greenspace Scotland
- Alison McCann, Policy Manager, Fields in Trust
- Carl McClean, International Development Manager, Green Flag Award
- Eddie Curry, Head of Parks, Open Spaces and Investment Funding, Nottingham City Council
- Matthew Bradbury, Chair, Parks Alliance (event chair)
Parks and green spaces serve an essential function in communities across the country, contributing significantly to the health and wellbeing of local citizens and saving the NHS over £110m a year according to a recent Fields in Trust report. However, Parks Managers face a number of challenges, including decreasing budgets, the increased focus upon income generation within local government and managing competing demands over the use of parks and greenspaces in their local area.
Join Westminster Briefing on 19th September to hear about the latest policy developments affecting parks and green spaces and to learn from best practice in park management from around the country.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Update on the work of the Parks Action Group
- Government policies impacting parks and greenspaces
- Different models of green space ownership and governance
- Effective use of limited resources and using green spaces to generate income
- Best practice in park management from around the country
- Maintaining parks to a Green Flag Award standard
About the event:
The morning will focus on current policy developments affecting parks and green spaces. It will also examine the key principles of effective park management.
The afternoon session will look at best practice examples of the effective management of parks and green spaces from across the country. This session will be highly interactive and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and implement in your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in parks and green spaces, such as Parks Management Officers; Public Health Managers; Parks Managers; Health & Wellbeing Development Officers; Heads of Parks & Open Spaces; Parks Technical Supervisors; Parks Development Officers; Principal Parks Officers; Parks & Environment Managers; Public Spaces Managers; Greenspace Managers; Green Space Team Leaders; Grounds Maintenance Managers; Streetscene & Landscape Managers; Environmental Services Managers; Public Realm Managers; Outdoor Facilities Managers; Directors of Leisure & Development; Community Leisure Managers; Directors of Culture & City Development; and Events Authorising Officers.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com or call 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.