With UKRI now fully established and planning a comprehensive review of its Open Access policies later this year, and preliminary OA requirements in place for REF 2021, now is the time for HEIs to be ensuring they are fully briefed on the current policy landscape and future challenges.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing to hear the latest on UKRI’s review and guarantee full compliance with the REF 2021 stipulations. Hear from other universities how they are successfully tackling issues you are facing and make sure you are meeting the UKRI principle that “publicly funded research in the UK should be widely and freely accessible as soon as possible”.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Current key issues: UKRI Open Access policies and upcoming review
- Open Access under REF 2021: requirements, exceptions and timescales
- Addressing the financial consequences of Open Access, including rising article publishing charges and accompanying grant costs
- Effective relationships with publishers and other key partners
- Data management post-GDPR: sensitive data, governance and ethics implications
- Role of technology and digital tools in facilitating Open Access
- Practical steps in implementing full open access in individual HEIs
- Successful approaches to Open Access institutional repositories
- Best practice in partnership working in and out of HEIs
The morning session will focus on current and future challenges for open access policy in HEIs, looking at all issues likely to be in the UKRI review including data and financial implications.
The afternoon session will look closer at practitioner-focussed case studies, providing strategies to take back and implement in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in Higher Education Open Access, including but not limited to: VCs, Pro VCs, Directors of Research and Knowledge Exchange, Heads of Faculty and Department, Heads of Research Partnerships, Research Managers, REF Managers, Librarians, Institutional Repository Managers, Project Delivery Managers and any Private or Charitable Partners working on OA.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com