With around 500 'made' Neighbourhood Plans now in existence, neighbourhood planning is now entrenched within the broader planning process. A number of changes contained in the 2017 Neighbourhood Planning Act are currently being implemented, and the revised National Planning Policy Framework seeks to further clarify the process by which communities can seek to introduce neighbourhood plans. The Government recently announced £22.8 million in funding to support the development of these plans, which is available until 2022.
Join Westminster Briefing on 13th September for an up-to-date brief on the latest developments in, and next steps for, neighbourhood planning. We will consider the latest policy, guidance and case law and examine current good practice in supporting neighbourhood plans.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Update on implementation of changes brought in by the Housing and Planning Act and Neighbourhood Planning Act
- Impact of the revised National Planning Policy Framework
- Guidance and support available to help Local Planning Authorities, Parish and Town Councils and Neighbourhood Forums
- Applying for grant funding and technical support
- Latest case law
- Good practice in supporting Neighbourhood Plans
- Designating neighbourhood areas and forums
- Supporting neighbourhoods in preparing a plan
- Publicising a plan, consulting and engaging the local community
- Reviewing and updating a neighbourhood plan
The morning session will consider current policy developments affecting neighbourhood plans and look at the latest guidance and case law.
The afternoon session will examine good practice in supporting neighbourhood plans.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in neighbourhood planning, including: local planning authorities; parish & town councils; neighbourhood forums; planning consultants & solicitors.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com