- Louise Haigh MP, Shadow Minister for Policing
- Andy Higgins, Research Director, Police Foundation
- Garry Shewan, former Assistant Chief Constable, Greater Manchester Police
- Matthew Barber, Deputy PCC, Thames Valley Police
- Supt Paul Dutton, Head of Neighbourhood Policing, Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Trudy Lowe, Research Fellow, Universities' Police Science Institute
- Susan Ritchie, Founder and Director, Mutual Gain
- Gary Kitching (Chair), Former Chief Officer, Suffolk Constabulary
Neighbourhood policing is at the core of the British policing model. The role of neighbourhood policing remains vital in keeping our communities safe and gathering intelligence on all crimes, from child exploitation to counter terrorism. However, reduced grants and budget constraints has put pressure on frontline policing.
Join Westminster Briefing in June to explore the challenges for community policing and what can be done to overcome them. This is your opportunity to hear about the national policy landscape, identify good practice and ideas, and network with colleagues from across the country.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Understanding the policy landscape and the current state of neighbourhood policing
- Addressing the funding gap: Retaining effective policing in a time of austerity
- Enhancing visibility and engagement in your community
- Responding to new and more complex types of crime
- The key role of local policing in gathering counter-terrorism intelligence
- Good practice in effective neighbourhood policing with reduced budgets and resources
- Learning from success: case studies of increasing visibility and improving public satisfaction
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the current policy landscape, assess the challenges and discuss how they can be overcome. Delegates in the afternoon session will have the chance to explore case studies and share ideas on how to improve the delivery of community policing.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those whose role touches on neighbourhood policing at both the national and local level.