NHS staff have some of the most critical yet testing jobs in the country, yet they are faced with growing demand and increasingly complex workloads. As a result, one in four NHS staff feel under “excessive pressure every day,” while over a quarter of NHS staff don’t take a single break during their work day. Stress-related sickness absence alone costs the NHS up to £400m a year.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to learn how to improve the health & wellbeing of your workforce and reduce burnout and stress levels amongst your frontline staff. Engage with our expert panel and your peers to discover ways to improve the working conditions of your colleagues to ensure that they are fully able to provide consistently excellent care.
Key Issues to Be Addressed:
- Improving staff wellbeing in the face of budget deficits, increased demand and more complex workloads
- Reducing temporary staffing spending while maintaining a quality service
- Battling burnout and tackling stress: practical measures that can be taken
- Meeting the NICE quality standard: improving employee mental & physical health
- Tackling the causes of sickness absence
- National good practice in supporting the health and wellbeing of NHS staff
- Changing workplace cultures to help staff deal with heavy workloads
- Improving conditions to increase the retention of frontline staff
About the Event:
The morning session will provide an up to date brief on how to improve the health & wellbeing of NHS staff
The afternoon session will explore case study examples of current good practice and what you can do to improve conditions in your workplace. This session will be highly interactive, and will provide you with practical guidance that you can take back and apply in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the health sector including, but not limited to: nursing leads, HR officers & managers, union representatives, strategy & policy managers, board members, workforce development managers, improvement leads, heads of innovation and change, heads of quality and safety, and anyone with an interest in or responsibility for improving the wellbeing of NHS Staff.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.