Confirmed to Speak:
- Ian Adams, Director of Membership and Stakeholder Engagement, NHS Resolution
- Sir Charles Pollard, Chair, Restorative Solutions CIC
- Dr Richard Simmons, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Stirling
- Roan Dyson, Director of Service Design and Development, PohWer
- Personal Experience Session: Joanna Mears, Service User - NHS Complaint Services
- Ruth Evans, Managing Director, Patient Experience Network
- Sue Johnson, Independent Consultant and Leadership Coach (Event Chair)
In 2015-16 the NHS received 544 complaints every day, and there is still a wide variation in the quality of complaint handling across the system. With pressures increasing and with demand growing, now more than ever it is essential for the NHS complaints system to be simple, accessible, transparent and effective.
Join this Westminster Briefing event to gain a comprehensive overview of the latest NHS complaints policy and discover how to make your local system more accessible and effective.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Comprehensive overview of the latest developments in NHS complaints policy
- The importance of adopting a person-centred approach to the handling and resolution of complaints
- Legal overview: ensuring compliance with the Duty of Candour
- Providing patients with clear information on how and when to complain
- Overcoming a possible “defensive culture” to embrace complaints and concerns
- Ensuring frontline staff feel equipped to manage and respond to complaints
- Managing complex complaints across organisational boundaries
- Examples of national best practice and positive engagement with the complaints system
- The role of social media in the changing nature of complaints
About the Event:
During the morning policy session, you will gain an up-to-date insight into the NHS complaints process, how it has evolved, the key challenges remaining and what this means for your patients and colleagues.
The afternoon session will focus on providing you with best practice guidance to take back to your setting. You will explore what other trusts are doing to improve their complaints process and what you can learn from their example to develop yours.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates at this briefing will be drawn from across the health and care sectors including, but not limited to: Directors of Governance, Complaints Managers, Directors of Nursing, Head of Clinical Governance, Head of Quality and Organisational Learning, Heads of Patient Experience, Patient Services Facilitator, Patient Excellence Lead, Customer Services, PALS Managers, Patient Safety Managers, Standards Managers and anyone in the NHS with an interest or responsibility for improving patient care and outcomes and responding to complaints.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.