- Dr Simon Kolstoe, Senior Fellow & University Ethics Advisor, University of Portsmouth
- Dr Peter Wilmshurst, Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Stoke University Hospital
- Dr Theodora Bloom, Executive Editor, The BMJ
- Samuel Roseveare, Policy Manager, Universities UK
- Verena Heise DPhil, NDPH Intermediate Fellow Nuffield Department of Population Health, University of Oxford
- Dr Jigisha Patel, Head of Programme Management: Research Integrity, Springer Nature
Integrity and ethics are at the heart of medical research. Failure to uphold integrity can damage the reputation of institutions, hinder scientific progress and waste valuable resources. Therefore, HEI’s must work with the newly established UKRI and Research England to maintain accuracy, honesty and transparency.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to receive an update on the latest issues and developments in medical research integrity. Delegates will explore the Concordat to support research integrity and the role of the UKRIO.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of integrity and ethical issues in medical research
- UKRI: a new approach to research integrity policy, guidelines and codes of conduct
- Changing cultures and breaking down barriers to improving reproducibility
- Overseeing publicly funded medical research: do we need a regulatory body?
- The impact of incomplete and inaccurate reporting
- Compliance: the role of the concordat, peer review and the UKRIO
- Incentives for medical researchers: suggested initiatives to conduct rigorous research
- Improving medical research integrity in practice
The morning session will focus on current and future challenges in medical research integrity, governance and ethics policy.
The afternoon session will look closer at best practice: providing strategic improvments to integrity which can be applied to your medical research.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in Medical Research Integrity in Higher Education, including but not limited to: VCs, Pro VCs, Directors of Research and Knowledge Exchange, UK Research Integrity Officers, Heads of Faculty and Department, Heads of Research, Research Ethics Committee Members, Ethics and Governance Managers, Research Governance Managers, Research Integrity Compliance Officers, Training & Development Teams and any Private or Charitable Partners working in this area.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org