It is unquestionable that the #MeToo movement has had an impact on UK Universities. Institutions can no longer deny their serious problem in controlling sexual misconduct on campus.
In response to our successful London event: #MeToo On Campus: Ending Sexual Misconduct in UK Universities, our second conference in the series will delve deeper into institutional responses to the movement. Join us to hear about how to tackle intersectional issues, explore more in-depth case studies and understand the difference between legal and institutional disciplinary procedures.
This Westminster Briefing conference, in partnership with GenPol, will bring together a range of stakeholders from across the HE sector to share good practice in honing your reporting and response procedures and protecting students of all cultures.
This is your chance to explore your university’s next steps in embedding cultural change on campus. Join us to network with colleagues who share a passion for this issue and hear from successful institutions with strong campaigns, policies and training that are improving 'prevention and response' to sexual misconduct at university.View the agenda
- Dr Lilia Giugni, CEO, GenPol (Event Partner)
- Dr Dan Guinness, Director, the ‘Good Lad Initiative’
- Georgina Calvert-Lee, Head of UK Practice and Litigation Counsel, McAllister Olivarius
- Dr Nina Burrowes and Cynthia Ellis, Founders, The Consent Collective
- Gemma McCall, Co-founder and Managing Director, Culture Shift
- Vicki Baars, Strategy and Review Manager – Sexual Harassment, Goldsmiths University
Key issues to be addressed:
- Priorities in policy making: is it time to consider legislation?
- OfS projects, incentives & sanctions
- Counteracting gender-based violence: policy solutions and educational practices
- Recommendations from the Women and Equalities Committee: establishing an overarching body and monitoring system
- Developing an effective disciplinary plan for staff and students
- Examining successful student campaigns: taking an innovative approach
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657