Confirmed to Speak:
- Vicky Hobart, Head of Health, Greater London Authority
- Jessica Allen, Institute of Health Equity, UCL
- Further speakers TBC
London has the widest health inequalities in England. Life expectancy rates vary significantly across the city – not just from borough to borough but from postcode to postcode and street to street. Action is being taken. Mayor Sadiq Khan launched a draft health inequalities strategy which required significant support from individuals and organisations across London. The consultation has ended and the strategy is set to be released soon.
Join this Westminster Briefing event for a full comprehensive overview of the London Health Inequalities Strategy from Vicky Hobart, Head of Health at the Greater London Authority and what it means for you in your area. Hear good practice from peers across the city and network with colleagues facing similar challenges.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The current level of health inequality in London: what is the extent of the problem?
- Overview of the Mayor’s health inequalities strategy
- Identifying the health inequalities in your area and prioritising improvements
- London’s relationship between wealth and health
- Improving early years development to benefit outcomes in the long term
- Healthy communities as a whole system: addressing the holistic drivers and determinants of health
- Beyond Boroughs: Narrowing your focus on sub-regional inequalities
- The role of business and social enterprises in promoting healthy habits
- Best practice examples from across London in improving health inequalities
- Partnership working between local authorities, charities, businesses and social enterprises
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting progress & learning from others
- Social integration: Making connected, engaged communities healthier
About the Event:
In the morning session, you will receive a comprehensive overview of the Mayor’s health inequalities strategy, what your responsibilities are and how you can improve outcomes in your area.
In the afternoon session you will hear good practice case studies from peers across the city and gain practical guidance to take back to your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
While London focused, this event is not exclusive to those working in this area.
Delegates will be drawn from those who are interested in or have a responsibility for improving health outcomes and levels of health inequality in their area, including but not limited to: public health officers, public health consultants, public health commissioning managers, contracts and commissioning officers, health & wellbeing coordinators, homelessness lead, housing support officer, housing strategy leads; early years professionals; public health officials, children’s and family health teams; children’s services; safeguarding teams; third sector organisations and more.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.