Confirmed to speak:
- Celia Kavanagh, PE & School Sport Team, Department for Education
- Eileen Marchant MBE, Former Chair, Association for Physical Education (afPE)
- Will Swaithes, Head of Physical Education & Achievement, Youth Sport Trust
- (Chair) Professor Lorraine Cale, Professor in Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy; Associate Dean of Teaching, Loughborough University
- Simon Russell, Director of School and Community Sport, Swavesey Village College
- Martine Verweij, Founding Chief Executive Officer, Kids Run Free
- Dean Horridge, Chief Executive, Fit For Sport
As PE and School Sport, and their contribution to promoting healthy lifestyles, continue to receive significant government and Ofsted attention, it is crucial that schools have a focus on continuous improvement of their provision. Making the most of dedicated funding such as the PE & Sport Premium, and continuing to develop a skilled workforce, are key priorities for schools.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on recent government and sector developments, including a presentation from the PE and School Sport Team in DfE. You will learn how to access and then evidence the latest funding, and hear from sector-leading school case studies. Effective partnerships with Local Authorities and wider sporting community will also be showcased.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Update on current Government action and funding
- Showcasing and building on the success of the Primary PE & Sport Premium
- Ofsted: what to expect from inspection
- The role of Local Authorities and County Sports Networks in building your local offer
- Improving the quality and availability of coaching staff and skilled teachers: recent changes to PE ITT
- Update on ‘Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation’ and what it means for you
- Learning from areas that have increased participation rates and opportunities for sport
- Building links between schools and the local sporting community
- Evidencing the impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium
About the event:
The morning session will give a comprehensive update on the latest policy and funding developments, alongside views from the wider sector and key stakeholders.
The afternoon session will look at practical strategies for ensuing the best provision possible, drawing on examples of best practice from schools and beyond.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of delegates including but not limited to: Headteachers, PE Teachers & Advisors, Sports & Physical Activity Officers, School Games Organisers, Community Sports Groups, Partnership Managers, Active Education Managers, Sports & Leisure Commissioning Managers, Public Health Teams and anyone with an interest in improving sport participation in children & young people.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com