Confirmed to speak:
|In partnership with:
- Alison Britton, Head of Careers Unit, Department for Education
- Seamus Nevin, Head of Policy Research, Institute of Directors
- Alexis Widdowson, Headteacher, Berwick Academy
- Representative, Good Career Guidance Benchmarks Pilot (Gatsby Foundation)
- Lynne Hilson, Head of Education & Employment Services, Sheffield Futures
- (Chair) Steve Stewart, Chief Executive, Careers England
The new Careers Strategy was released in December 2017 with accompanying guidance expected shortly. New measures, funding & duties will be in place for the 2018/2019 school year, including putting in place a dedicated careers leader. With a renewed government focus on careers advice, now is the time for school & college leaders to ensure they have the high-quality careers programme envisaged & required by the strategy.
Attend this Westminster Briefing & Careers England event to receive an up to date brief from the Head of Careers Unit in DfE, alongside sector leaders and examples of Outstanding practice. Learn how the new strategy will shape how you deliver careers advice for your students now and in the future.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Government update on the new Careers Strategy and accompanying guidance
- Making Careers Leadership in schools & colleges a reality and putting in place a dedicated careers leader by 2018/2019
- Accessing new funding
- Targeting support to those most in need; 20 new careers hubs to help broaden pupils’ horizons
- Ofsted and inspecting/monitoring the provision of careers advice
- The expanded role of the Careers & Enterprise Company in the careers agenda
- Examples of high-quality careers programmes
- Learning from schools & colleges who successfully link with local universities & employers
- Trials of careers activities in primary schools; raising aspirations
About the event:
The morning session will focus on implementing the new Careers Strategy, looking in detail at the new measures and examining how they will impact your setting.
The afternoon session will explore strategies currently being used successfully in schools and colleges to deliver high peforming careers programmes, including targeted support for STEM careers and for those with additional needs.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, Principals, Headteachers, Deputy Heads, Heads of Careers and Careers Advisors working in schools and colleges; external careers providers; local authority officers and members; independent careers advisers; employers and employer representative bodies and those with an interest in CEIAG in schools and colleges.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com