- Andrew Wallis OBE, CEO, Unseen UK
- Tamara Barnett, Head of Office, Human Trafficking Foundation
- DC Colin Ward, Modern Slavery Tactical Advisor, Greater Manchester Police
- Roger King, Director, Stronger & Safer Solutions
- David Camp, Founder, Stronger Together
- Rebekah Lisgarten, Operational Manager, Hestia
Four years on from the implementation of the Modern Slavery Act, human trafficking victims are still falling through gaps in the system and responses to human trafficking remain inconsistent across the country. NCA figures show the number of potential victims reported to the authorities has risen by 36% in a year. Despite regional good practice, agencies across the country must step up their efforts to combat modern slavery.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief on modern slavery and look at what your organisation can do to support victims and persecute traffickers in your local area.
Key issues to be covered include:
- Update on the latest strategies and guidance to identifying victims of human trafficking
- Progress to date with the Modern Slavery Act and considered legislative reforms
- Understanding reforms to the National Referral Mechanisms and their impact
- Developing domestic and international partnerships between Government, agencies, local authorities and other partners
- Good practice in identifying and disrupting modern slavery crimes
- Recognising “hidden in plain sight” signs
- Proactive responses to restrict illegal activity and prevent further harm
- Using the Modern Slavery Act to tackle exploitation in County Lines Gangs
About the day:
The morning session will assess the national landscape for human trafficking and modern slavery and develop your local strategy by reviewing wider strategies.
The afternoon session will look into good practice in supporting victims of trafficking and persecuting traffickers in your local area
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in protecting vulnerable people and victims of Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery, including: community safety and CSP teams, the police, PCCs, local authorities, safeguarding officials, NCA, Home Office, health services, NGOs and charities, Victim Support among many more.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com