Confirmed to Speak:
- Ian Stenton, Head of Sustainability, Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Jill Venables, Managing Director, Cornwall Foods & Head of Facilities and Contracts, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Philip Shelley, Past National Chair, Hospital Caterer's Association
- Susannah McWilliam, Programme Manager - Food for Life Hospital Leaders, Soil Association
- Susan Biddle, Healthy Communities Consultant (Event Chair)
- Further Speakers TBA
The food that is served in hospitals is a key element of patient care and experience. Much progress has been made since the introduction of the five mandatory food standards and the development of hospital Food and Drink Strategies. However, at a time of financial constraint and budgetary pressure, more still needs to be done to improve the provision of quality, nutritious hospital food in a cost-effective and sustainable way.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to gain a deeper understanding of how to innovate and exceed hospital food standards. Explore the innovative ways that others are overcoming the challenges they face and learn lessons from examples of success around the country.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Comprehensive overview of new and existing standards and policy on hospital food
- Improving your Food & Drink Strategy to exceed these standards
- Making the case for quality, healthy hospital food: what are the knock-on benefits?
- Improving your catering service in the face of resource constraints & budgetary pressure
- Tackling food waste in your setting
- Involving nursing and clinical staff in the provision of hospital food
- Using data effectively: the role of ERIC, PLACE & other measures to assess your catering service
- The importance of contract caterers and suppliers in improving hospital food
- Good practice examples of Food & Drink strategies and how they are being improved
- What does catering look like in a model hospital and how can you work towards this?
- Examples of innovation in the provision of quality hospital food
- Learning lessons from examples of success
About the Event:
The morning session will provide an update on hospital standards and policy, while identifying what makes a successful Food & Drink Strategy and exploring the steps you can take to improve your service.
The afternoon session will focus on sharing best practice with your peers, looking at what other organisations are doing to meet the standards and develop their strategy. This session will be highly interactive and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and apply in your area.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs for dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Catering managers; catering business managers; facilities managers; business managers; dietitians; nutritionists; environment leads; private sector suppliers; nursing teams; monitoring officers; operations managers; hotel services managers; commissioners; and anybody interested in improving their local hospital catering service.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.