Confirmed speakers include:
- Rupert McNeil, Chief People Officer, Cabinet Office
- Helen Scott, Executive Director, Universities Human Resources (Chair)
- Stuart Paviour, Development Director, The Maria Paviour Company
- Suzanne Hudson, Senior Advisor- Workforce and Policy, Local Government Association
- Caroline Anderson, HR & OD Director, HM Land Registry
- Gamiel Yafai, Managing Director, Diversity Marketplace
- Further speakers tbc
The public sector faces significant workplace challenges: budgetary restraints and the increasing role of technology is creating a lot of significant change and uncertainty. Diversity and staff wellbeing are ever increasingly important topics and the recruitment, development and engagement of our talent is constantly developing as it becomes harder with older practices. HR is where change can be affected and organisational solutions found, the tools, thought leadership and technology available to allow workplaces to respond effectively to demands are developed.
Join Westminster Briefing on the 2nd October to examine some of the key developments and opportunities currently facing the HR profession within the public sector. Address the defining concerns of the time; build solutions centred around developing your workforce to meet the demands of the 21st century; and learn what you can expect in the realm of public sector HR in the near future.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Doing more with less: cross-organisational collaboration and hybrid service delivery
- The changing nature of work: flexible & shared working and the four-day week
- Tackling unconscious bias
- Supporting people with protected characteristics in your organisation
- Tackling bad behaviour, bullying and increasing awareness of the insider threat
- Mental health: building awareness and response to staff who need help
- Developing effective sourcing, talent management and succession strategies
- Innovative training and organisational enhancement techniques to promote retention and development
- Implementing an aligned rewards and compensation strategy
- Building a people centred communications strategy
- How automation and digitalisation are revolutionising HR planning and transformation
- How will the delivery of HR services in the public sector in the future?
The morning sessions will explore the current trends in public sector HR including the way in which we work as well as the future of diversity & inclusion and staff wellbeing.
The afternoon sessions will focus staff engagement, from communications and benefits to recruitment and professional development. It will also consider what we can expect in the sector in the coming years.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in delivering an effective HR system within the public sector including: employers; payroll managers, HR officers; wellbeing officers; D&I managers; benefits and reward managers; internal communications officers; recruitment teams; training deliverers and many more.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org