- Senior Representative, Regulatory Implementation, Office for Students
- Smita Jamdar, Partner, Shakespeare Martineau & Member, Higher Education Commission
- Suellen White, Associate Dean (Quality, Policy and Regulation), The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Further speakers TBC
The new Office for Students came into force earlier this year. It arrives with a fresh approach to HE regulation. The new framework will be student-focused and ensure institutional autonomy. Institutions must adapt to the new climate and improve outcomes for their students.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear from the Office for Students and receive an up-to-date briefing on the new landscape of HE regulation. You will consider the next steps and explore how other institutions are managing the transition.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of the new Office for Students and changes to the HE landscape
- Priorities for the new regulator
- Retaining underlying principles of institutional autonomy & co-regulation
- Giving students a voice and putting student choice at the heart of the new regime
- Meeting your baseline requirements and understanding risk-based monitoring
- Timescale for reform and next steps for the OfS
- Updating institution policies and recalibrating your strategy
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on new Office for Students and the new landscape of HE regulation. Delegates will explore what the new regulator has done so far, what its priorities are, and how your institution can implement the new framework.
The afternoon session will examine the transition to the new landscape and what different institutions are doing to embed changes.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in how HE providers are regulated, including (but not limited to): registrars; senior managers & leadership; regulatory & legal teams; finance; & student unions.