A UCU survey in early 2017 found that 76% of EU academics at UK universities are now more likely to consider leaving UK higher education due to the EU referendum result. This is just one of a number of challenges facing HEIs as they look to recruit and retain the most talented academics & staff.
Join Westminster Briefing on 14 September for an up to date brief on recruiting, retaining & developing staff in higher education.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Identifying what academic staff are looking for in an institution & making sure you offer it
- Attracting the best non academic staff
- Recruiting EU nationals and the impact of Brexit
- Recruiting from outside the EU
- Making sure your staff represent the diversity of the communities you serve
- Engaging hard to reach groups in the recruitment process
- Creating a positive working environment that offers fulfilling work & career advancement
- Offering more flexible working conditions for those who need them
- Improving staff engagement
- Developing talent and promoting people into leadership positions
- Reassuring EU nationals in a period of uncertainty
The morning session will focus on policy developments affecting international recruitment and practical measures to attract the best academics & staff.
The afternoon session will examine what leading HEIs are doing to retain & develop their most valuable talent.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in recruiting, retaining & developing HE staff, including; HR & workforce teams; appointment panels; senior leadership; & staff representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities & agenda content, please email: Luke.Espin@dodsgroup.com