The 2017 Conservative Party Manifesto provides pretty thin guidance about future Government policies for higher education. HEIs will be effected by plans to build up research investment funds, link universities to ‘new institutes of technology’ and make charging maximum tuition fees conditional on sponsoring academies or free schools. Wider plans for immigration control and Brexit will also have a big impact on the sector. More evidence of the direction of travel may be found in the Higher Education & Research Act, adopted shortly before the election.
Join us on 6 December for an up to date brief on higher education policy in 2018. We will examine current policy priorities, implementing the Higher Education & Research Act and how the sector is responding to reform.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- The Government’s priorities for HE & what it is trying to achieve
- How changes will affect the sector & timescales involved
- Implementing Higher Education & Research Act measures in the short & medium term
- The wider role of the Act in preparing foundations for the future
- Government plans to encourage new entrants into the sector
- Establishing the Office for Students & designing a new regulatory framework
- The impact of changes on current & future students
- Other Government agendas that impact HE
- How HEIs are responding to reforms
- Identifying the opportunities & risks
- Working with students & staff to help them understand change
- Preparing for Brexit: what, if anything, can be done?
The morning session will examine priorities for the new government in 2018 & implementing The Higher Education & Research Act.
The afternoon session will focus on how HEIs are responding to reforms.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in higher education policy & its impact on the sector, including: senior leaders; policy teams; academics; student unions & independent providers.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities & agenda content, please email: Luke.Espin@dodsgroup.com