Confirmed speakers include:
- Kate Osamor MP, Officer of the APPG on Knife Crime
- Chief Inspector Alastair Muir, Deputy Director, Scotland Violence Reduction Unit
- Gavin McKenna, Director, Reach Every Generation
- Dez Brown, CEO, Spark2Life
- Further speakers TBC
Gang violence and its effects on the community have become very prominent in the news; it highlights the fact that a new approach needs to be taken to tackle violent crime at its roots. Attend this briefing on the 15th January and learn how organisations are working together, not just to respond to incidents of violent crime but to prevent it from happening further.
You will hear about what actions are being taken to steer young people from gang life and violence. Learn from colleagues working together with other organisations to create a holistic approach to tackling gangs and violent crime at their source. Discuss best practices to develop your strategy to take on this issue and create a safe environment for your community.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Identifying vulnerable young people and the appeal of joining gangs
- Early intervention from primary to secondary education and beyond
- The use of social media in gang crime and protection vulnerable people online
- How a public health approach can help prevent the underlying causes of violence
- Developing a joined-up approach across local agencies
About the day:
The morning session will focus on gangs; by looking at the tactics gangs use to recruit and commit crime, how can authorities take steps to educate young people and protect them from the risk of exploitation gangs pose?
The afternoon session will discuss violent crime, particularly the prevalence of knife crime and how organisations are working together to create a holistic approach to gang-related violence.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those who deal with gangs locally and nationally, including community safety and CSP teams, the police, PCCs, local authorities, MoJ, Home Office, children’s services, primary care trusts, probation services, LCJB, LSPs, the CPS and Courts Service, DAATs, YOTs, Victim Support among many more.