The Government has launched a campaign to increase the number of female and BAME staff in the Fire and Rescue Service. Attend the ‘Creating a Diverse Fire and Rescue Service’ briefing in November and you will be able to learn how you can improve the levels of diversity in your service. It is important that emergency services work towards a greater representation of the community they serve.
You will hear from colleagues from Fire Services across the country already leading the way. Take on best practices to formulate your own diversity strategy. Discover how you can overcome myths surrounding firefighters in attract a more varied pool of recruits.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The Government’s agenda for a diverse FRS workforce - Join the Team: Become a Firefighter
- Changing perceptions: changing the image of a modern-day firefighter
- How information will be targeted towards different communities
- Emphasising that fitness is not a barrier to recruitment
- Examples of effective recruitment strategies to create a workforce fit for purpose
- Using fitness sessions, and pre-recruitment courses to change perceptions of what it takes to be a firefighter
About the day:
In the morning session delegates will hear about the government’s new plan to improve diversity within the fire service. What schemes are being put in place and how can you get involved? Delegates will discuss what this means for the way the FRS recruits its staff and how to achieve a truly representative workforce.
The afternoon session will focus on case studies of local success and good practice case studies in developing more representative fire services.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Oliver.email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from Fire and Rescue Services, Fire and Rescue Authorities, Local Government, PCCs, elected members, Fire Brigade Union, health and safety departments and all others with a stake in the FRS workforce.