- James Savage, Principal Consultant, Savage Consultancy
- Dan Knowles, Director, Sawyer Fielding
- Joanne Drew, Housing and Regeneration Director, Enfield Council
- Ellen Storrar, Housing Policy Manager, Greater London Authority
- Further speakers to be announced
Estate regeneration remains a contentious issue for developers to Government to councils. Striking the right balance between making the project improve the area in a place-based manner and for the right reasons, whilst maintaining support from the community and managing a project’s associated stigma can be challenging. With recent London ballots highlighting more democratic ways of decision making within schemes and other policy initiatives highlighting the need to deliver additional housing, better social outcomes and work with local residents, now is the time all those across the sector consider their estate regeneration strategy.
Join us on the 20th February for an update on the latest policy to estate regeneration. In particular, we will explore how to ensure an effective approach to residents as well as pick up on good practice from leading case studies.
Key issues to be covered include:
- Progress to date with the Estate Regeneration National Strategy
- Lifting of the HRA borrowing cap and leveraging housing assets to support strategic regeneration
- Progress with and lessons learnt from London Tenant Ballots and securing estate regeneration projects in accordance with these
- Meeting housing delivery requirements through estate regeneration
- Funding available to support estate regeneration
- How landlords, developers and local authorities should engage with residents throughout a scheme
- Improving social housing in regeneration developments
- Providing wider place-based regeneration and local growth
About the day:
The morning session will look at the policy, funding and delivery of estate regeneration schemes.
The afternoon session will explore how to develop an effective approach to residents as well as good practice within estate regeneration schemes.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in regeneration, including: local authority housing, planning & regeneration officers; housing associations; developers; elected members; consultants; & surveyors.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com