At Dods, what we do best is produce cutting-edge content and partner with the best thought-leaders - to bring to you insights, the latest policy information, best practice and an opportunity to exchange exciting ideas with peers. As, for now, you cannot join us at our live events, we will bring them to you, in the safety of your homes and offices. The Electoral Reform Briefing goes online!
- Stephen Kinnock MP, Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Electoral Campaigning Transparency
- Peter Stanyon, Chief Executive, Association of Electoral Administrators
- Tim Starker QC, Joint Head of Chambers, 4-5 Gray'sInn Square Chambers
- Further speakers to be announced
With a new government in power, electoral integrity is back at the top of the agenda. An Electoral Integrity Bill was promised in the Queen’s speech with proposed reforms to voter identification, accessibility, postal and proxy voting. The aim is to ensure transparency and maintain trust in our democratic processes. With public trust at an all-time low and perceptions of the democratic process being eroded through online forms of underhand campaigning, now is the time to seriously consider how the electoral process is effectively administered.
Join us on the 12 November to assess the latest proposals for electoral reform. We will explore reforms to voter identification, accessibility and operational changes, the sectors response and how democratic processes can keep pace in a digital age.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The forthcoming Electoral Integrity Bill and what it’ll mean for the democratic process
- Reforms in Practice: Voter Identification, Accessibility, Postal and Proxy Voting
- Dark Ads, Donations and Disinformation: Democratic Processes in a Digital Age
- Unclogging Administrative Complications: Electoral Administration Good Practice
- Putting the voter at the heart of the process: What procedures can we consider to restore public trust and confidence?
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in electoral administration and integrity, including Heads of Electoral Services, Electoral Services Managers, Heads of Governance and Democratic Services, Returning Officers and Heads of Electoral Administration.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com