Teaching Assistants are now a key part of the school workforce, improving the attainment of all pupils. In the new funding landscape it is more crucial than ever that school leaders make best use of their TAs, utilising government support and recruiting and retaining high-quality staff members.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing to increase the impact of your school’s Teaching Assistants, deploying them most effectively in and out of the classroom to improve your pupils’ learning experience. Hear from members of the Review of Standards for Teaching Assistants, and from schools that have successfully embedded high-performing TAs into their workforce.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Understanding how Teaching Assistants can improve all pupils’ attainment
- Embedding Professional Standards to increase the impact of Teaching Assistants
- Effectively deploying Teaching Assistants to improve inclusion, in and out of the classroom
- Maintaining Teaching Assistant staff levels in the current funding environment
- The responsibilities of School Leaders and wider staff in advocating for and working effectively with teaching Assistants
- Recruitment and retention of high-quality Teaching Assistants: flexible working, career progression and management support
- Use of Teaching Assistants in Special Schools
- Practical strategies for making the best use of Teaching Assistants
- Building a robust training and CPD programme for Teaching Assistants
About the event:
The morning session will focus on the policies and evidence available to deepen understanding of how Teaching Assistants can improve pupils' attanment, including recently announced government support in this area.
The afternoon session will look in detail at practical strategies currently being used successfully to increase the impact of your Teaching Assistants and develop your teaching workforce.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, Headteachers and Principals, Deputy/Assistant Heads, School Improvement Leads, School Business Managers, Heads of HR, Governors, and anyone interested in the use of Teaching Assistants and their role in the school workforce.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com