- Cllr Peter Golds CBE, Deputy Chairman of LGA Culture, Tourism and Sport Board (chair)
- Jo Causon, Chief Executive Officer, The Institute of Customer Services
- Michael Hill, Complaint Management Expert, Resolver Group
- Anitha Pillai, Corporate Complaints Manager, London Borough of Redbridge
- Peter Killwick, Company Director, Verita
- Karen Smith, Customer Relations Manager, Warwickshire County Council
The latest figures from the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman show an increase in the number of upheld complaints that were filed against local authorities in 2017-18, compared with the previous year. The fact that 57% of the complaints the LGO investigated between 2017-18 in detail were upheld suggests there is significant room for improvement for local authorities to handle complaints.
Join Westminster briefing on Wednesday 26th June for an up-to-date brief on the latest developments in local government complaint handling, the standards councils are expected to uphold and learn from good practice in handling complaints.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The standards of complaint handling councils are expected to uphold
- What councils can do to improve their performance
- Trends in complaints being referred
- The role of council staff & local councillors in supporting the complaints process
- Processes for handling different types of complaints
- Making complaints procedures as accessible as possible
- Reducing the escalation of disputes through better communication with complainants
About the day:
In the morning session, delegates will explore an overview of the standards and processes for handling complaints and the expected standards.
The afternoon session will explore good practice in handling complaints including how to learn from complaints to make improvements to council services.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Delegates will come from councils and private sector providers who deliver customer services and handle complaints from the users of council services, including those with the following job titles: Head of Complaints, Corporate Complaints Manager, Complaints & Information Manager, Information & Complaints Officer, Contact Centre Manager, Director of Customer Services, Head of Customer Services, Customer Services Manager, Customer Services Contact Manager, Head of Customer Contact, Customer & Communications Manager, Team Leader - Customer Relations, Director of Customer Experience.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com