- Tom Chance, Director, National Community Land Trust Network
- Jessica Skillbeck, Deputy Director – Housing Diversification, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Zohra Chiheb, Regeneration Manager, Croydon Council
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
- Michael Wilson, Senior Housing Programmes Manager (Specialist Programmes), Homes England
- Rita Garner, Director, Brighton & Hove Community Land Trust
- Ben Burton, Commercial Project Coordinator, York City Council
- Francesca Lewis, Housing Policy Manager, Greater London Authority
Community-led housing projects are gaining recognition as an essential part of the solution to England’s housing shortage. These projects take a range of sites, from small, difficult sites that are generally off-limits for developers to larger scale developments and turn them into housing that is an integral part of communities. In the process, they help meet deliverability requirements for local authorities, satisfy housing needs whilst harnessing greater consent for developments. With the emphasis now upon local authorities to deliver more, affordable homes, what are the best ways to engage with and plan for these types of development?
Join Westminster Briefing in partnership with the National Community Land Trust Network on the 23rd of July to learn how to best engage with and plan for Community-led housing projects in your local area. You will receive an up to date brief on the latest Government policy in this area and learn good practice in how to work with community-led housing as part of the housing solution.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Updates to current policy surrounding community-led housing
- Working with community-led housing projects as part of the housing solution
- Creating affordable housing solutions by supporting such developments
- Increasing build-out rates through CLH
- Meeting housing needs through CLH developments
- Harnessing greater community consent for development
- Community-led housing and the low-carbon transition
About the event:
The event will open with an overview of the latest policy developments, Government actions and engaging with community-led housing developments . The following session will focus upon how to engage with and plan for community-led housing projects in your local area . Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in engaging with community-led housing, including: local planning authorities; developers; housing assocations; planning solicitors & consultants; surveyors; city & regional governments; and representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com