- Senior Representative, Office for Civil Society, Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
- Kristiana Wrixon, Head of Policy, ACEVO
- Cameron Fitzwilliam-Grey, Chair, Greater London Volunteering (event chair)
- More speakers TBC
Join colleagues from across the country in December to hear from a senior representative from the Office for Civil Society about the new Civil Society Strategy - the first in 15 years - which aims to place communities at the centre of decision-making.
Examine the key components of the new strategy, as well as Government programmes and funding to support implementation. The event will also cover the role of public sector, private sector, charities and local communities in putting it into practice.
Issues to be addressed:
- Overview of the new Civil Society Strategy
- Government programmes and funding to support implementation
- The role of the public sector, private sector, charities, local communities and other stakeholders in implementing the strategy
- Enabling, empowering and investing in local communities
- Supporting charities and local enterprises
- Generating social value for communities through collaborative commissioning
- Encouraging people to get involved in social action and volunteering
- Improving opportunities for young people
- Case study examples of best practice in promoting civil society and social action
The morning will examine the new Civil Society Strategy and how the public sector, private sector, charities and local communities can work together to implement its key principles.
The afternoon session will explore best practice in promoting civil society and social action to deliver positive outcomes.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs for dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in developing our civil society and promoting social action, including public sector bodies (Government agencies, public services, local authorities), private companies, charities and community groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com