Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Lisa Pascoe, Deputy Director, Social Care Policy, Ofsted
- Rebecca Wilshire, Head of Children's Social Care, Rutland County Council
- Carolyn Bristow, Service Manager Directorate Policy & Business Support, Brighton and Hove City Council
- Michelle Sanderson, Director, Choices and Voices
- Roger King, Director, Stronger and Safer Solutions (Event Chair)
- Further Speakers TBC
Ofsted recently published the framework for its new inspection regime which will begin rolling out from January 2018. At its core, authorities will be required to evaluate themselves on the quality and impact of social work practice. This is so the gathered information can be used to tailor and prioritise inspections to each children’s service.
Join Westminster Briefing on the 21st March and hear from Lisa Pascoe, Deputy Director, Social Care Policy, Ofsted, understand the changes for children’s services inspections and explore what information you will need to provide how to prepare for them whilst delivering effective to services to children in your area.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Understanding the changes to children’s service inspections by Ofsted
- Applying a proportionate and risk-based approach to inspection
- Outlining the difference between standard, short inspections and focused visits
- Monitoring inadequate local authorities
- Exploring inspection methodology and post-inspection actions
- Roles and expectations of inspectors
- Demonstrating good performance
- Self-evaluations on an annual basis to determine inspection priorities
- Ensuring you are making a significant impact on lives of cared for children in your local authority area
- Measuring performance to determine where there needs to be improvement
- Examples of organisations preparing for inspections
The issues will be divided into sessions entitled:
- Update on the new framework
- Implementing the New Framework
- How to meet service standards: Best practice case studies
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from, but not excluded to: Children’s residential care managers and staff, social workers, commissioners, fostering officers, child welfare & protection teams and anyone working in local authority children's services.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com