From September 3-4 year olds will be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare. Concurrently, a new Primary Assessment consultation has occurred, outlining potential changes to the way early years and reception students are assessed up to the age of 5. Both will have a significant impact for Early Years providers. Guidance is required to ensure they meet these new standards whilst effectively providing essential childcare services.
Join Westminster Briefing in November for an up to date brief on the latest developments in early year provision policy and regulation. Gain an update on affordable, effective childcare, what this means for the sector and the next steps for delivery.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Implications for care funding and how to respond
- Lessons learned from the pilot schemes
- The role of childminders in delivering the 30 hours
- Giving greater clarity on what SEND support can be given to providers
- What this means for early years providers and reception teachers
- The introduction of statutory teacher mediated assessments
- Assessing child progression: what to look for when measuring success
- Improving the text experience for children in early years education
- Encouraging personal, social and emotional development
- Managing the transition to primary education or other care settings
- Working with parents and partner agencies to deliver an effective early years experience
The issues will be divided into sessions entitled:
- Update on 30 Hours Childcare Provision
- The Early Years Statutory Framework: Changes to Primary Assessments
- Early Years Provision Best Practice
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the relevant sectors, including representatives from local authorities, early years settings, primary & nursery schools, the voluntary sector and private providers, children’s centre staff and child minders, training providers, and professional associations.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com or Tel: 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com