- Stephanie Brivio OBE, Deputy Director, Children’s Services, DfE
- Tracy Taylor, Director of Safeguarding & SEND, Burnt Mill Multi Academy Trust
- David Ashcroft (Chair), Chair, Association of Independent LSCB Chairs
- Further speakers TBC
Child safeguarding has undergone major reform, with the Government seeking to address failings within the system. The Children and Social Work Act brings with it significant change and implications for local agencies.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear from Stephanie Brivio OBE, Deputy Director, Children’s Services, DfE and other experts on the landscape of Child Safeguarding and what your organisation can do to implement the reforms and improve your local arrangements.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Update on Government action and the national landscape
- Implementing the Children and Social Work Act
- A child-centred and co-ordinated approach to safeguarding
- Strengthening information sharing to tackle child abuse and neglect
- New statutory arrangements to replace LSCBs
- The child safeguarding assessment framework: what to look out for
- Using and learning from serious case reviews
- Ensuring an effective and safe transition to the new statutory framework
- Best practice models of local safeguarding arrangements
- Effective assessment of the need for early help
- Creating the right culture and relationships amongst partners to improve decision-making
About the Day:
The morning session will provide with you an up-to-date brief of the Government’s reforms and what they mean for your organisation's child safeguarding arrangements.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in child safeguarding. You will hear case studies of how different local agencies across the country are successfully developing their child safeguarding models.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from, LSCBs, children’s safeguarding teams, the police, health, probation, voluntary agencies, social work officials, committee officers and all those involved in local child safeguarding procedures.