- Dame Judith Hackitt, Author, Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Graham Watts OBE, Chief Executive, Construction Industry Council
- Representative, Local Government Association
- Representative, National Fire Chiefs Council
- Martin Taylor, Commercial Director, LABC
- Ben Bradford, Founder and CEO, BB7
- Sir Ken Knight (Chair), Former Chief Fire & Rescue Advisor
- Further speakers TBC
The recent Hackitt Review concluded that the current framework for building regulations and fire safety is not fit for purpose. Headline measures include a stronger regulatory framework and a shift in culture across the sector. The Government has accepted the report’s recommendations and work is currently ongoing to secure the safety of high-rise buildings.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to hear from Dame Judith Hackitt on her review’s findings. You will explore the next steps for reform and how your organisation can act now to improve fire safety in buildings.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Findings from the Hackitt Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Government reforms to fire safety standards and building regulations
- Ensuring individuals are suitably qualified and embedding competency throughout the system
- The impact of reforms on local authorities, fire services and the construction industry
- Taking immediate action to check buildings and remedy any problems
- Ensuring that local authorities and fire services work effectively in partnership
- Changing cultures and behaviours to ensure safety for occupants
About the Day:
In the morning session delegates will consider the national landscape of building regulations in the wake of the Hackitt Review and the Government's response to the report. This is your opportunity to receive an update on current policy and future reform, and explore what your organisation can do to respond effectively.
The afternoon session will explore what the post-Hackitt landscape will look like and what actions can be taken now to prepare for it. There will be plenty of time throughout the day to network with senior speakers and colleagues from across the country.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those with an interest in building regulations and fire safety, including fire and rescue services; fire authorities and councillors; local authorities; central government; building inspectors; the construction industry; housing associations; and third sector organisations.