With the government recently commissioning research into steps taken to remove barriers to workplace progression for ethnic minorities, it is clear there is still some way to go for true inclusion and representation. Therefore, employers must ensure that workplace progression is both fair and inclusive to all.
Join Westminster Briefing this September in Manchester to discuss what employers can do to address this and better support their BAME staff and give them the same opportunities to progress as their colleagues.
Key Issues to be addressed:
- Achieving leadership buy-in
- Engaging with the whole workforce to enable progress
- Equality champions and how they can change mind-sets and working culture
- Does the BAME label help or hinder workplace diversity?
- Moving forward: what changes do organisations need prepare for?
- Different ways in which unconscious bias can affect recruitment
- Pro-active steps employers can take to deter bias in the recruitment stage
- Making sure interview panels don’t recruit in their own image
- Promoting BAME people into leadership positions
- Making sure BAME people progress through the talent pipelines
- Building diverse role model credentials & remaining authentic to minorities in a majority culture
- Barriers to promotion: helping BAME people overcome them
- The role of positive action
The morning session will provide you with key examples of how to improve inclusivity in workplace culture and successfully remove bias from recruitment.
The afternoon session will examine how employers can assist BAME workers overcome barriers into senior positions.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in providing greater support to BAME Employees, including: employers; HR managers/officers; communications officers; employee relations; consultants; trade unions and representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org